Pancreatic cancer is usually discovered in later stages, as this is an internal organ.
Early detection of cancer greatly increases the chances for successful treatment and on therapeutic success.
Therefore, it is recommended to consult with a specialist regarding the appearance of any of the following symptoms:
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and the white of the eyes)
- Pain in the upper or middle abdomen and in the back
- An unexplained loss of weight
- Loss of appetite
If the cancer is metastatic, meaning has sent metastases to distant organs such as the liver, lungs, bones, it might cause the following:
- Bone pain (such as back pain or pain in the thighs)
- Changes in the nervous system, such as: headaches, weakness or numbness of the arm or leg, dizziness, balancing issues or attacks
- Appearance of lumps close to the body’s surface