Afinitor® , Everolimus ia an anti cancer drug which reduces the blood supply to cancer cells and can thus reduce the growth and spread of cancer cells. Afinitor can also reduce the size of kidney tumors called renal angiomyolipomas and brain tumor cells of the SEGA type, the latter two tumors are caused by a genetic disorder called Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC).
- Treatment of patients with a brain tumor of the Subependymal Giant Cell Astrocytoma , SEGA, type associated with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex – TSC.
- Treatment of adult patients with a kidney tumor known as Angiomyolipoma ,AML, when the kidney tumor does not require immediate surgery. This type of tumor is connected with a genetic condition known as Tuberous Sclerosis Complex.
- Treatment of patients with advanced neuroendocrine tumors of pancreatic origin that cannot be surgically removed, that are locally advanced or have metastasized.
- Treatment of advanced hormone receptor-positive and HER2-negative breast cancer in conjunction with exemestane, in postmenopausal women without symptomatic metastatic disease spread to internal organs, after recurrence or progression of the disease, following treatment with nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors.
- For treatment of advanced kidney cancer (Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma ,RCC), where other treatments (so-called “VEGF-targeted therapy”) have not helped stop your disease.
- For the treatment of locally advanced, metastatic or unresectable, well-differentiated (1 or 2) non-functional neuroendocrine tumors of lung or gastrointestinal origin in adults with progressive disease.