Colon cancer treated with Enhertu
Recently, in December 2019, Enhertu received accelerated approval by the FDA to treat unresectable or metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer patients based on the unremarkable outcomes demonstrated in the study.
Enhertu was assessed in colon cancer and these are the results.
About DESTINY-CRC01 study
Early studies have shown promising activity in advanced HER2-expressing tumors.
DESTINY-CRC01 study is a phase 2 multicenter study of Enhertu in patients with HER2-expressing metastatic colorectal cancer. Patients with HER2 positive, RAS–wild type metastatic colorectal cancer that progressed on up to 2 prior treatment lines received Enhertu in 3 groups in the study:
Group A – Patients whose tumors express HER2 IHC 3+ or IHC 2+/ISH+
Group B – Patients whose tumors express IHC 2+/ISH2
Group C – Patients whose tumors express IHC 1+
Results in colon cancer
At the time data was collected for the analysis, 78 patients were enrolled to the study. Group A with 53 patients, group B with 7 patients and group C with 18 patients.
All patients had received Enhertu.
In arm A
- 45.3% of patients had responded well to Enhertu treatment with 1 patient who achieved complete remission and 23 patients had their cancer shrunken.
- Of the patients who previously received an anti-HER2 therapy, 43.8% responded to Enhertu treatment and had their cancer stopped from growing or shrunken.
- 83% of patients had some degree of positive response to Enhertu.
- The median time until the disease had progressed from the start of Enhertu was 6.9 months
- The median survival was not reached(!) all patients were alive at the time of the collection of study data for analysis.
In arms B and C
Side Effects among colon cancer patients
61.5% of patients experienced severe side effects.
7 patients (9%) had to drug discontinue the treatment.
5 patients (6.4%) had interstitial lung disease (ILD) of whom 2 died from.
- Overall, Enhertu demonstrated remarkable activity in patients with HER2 positive metastatic colorectal cancer refractory to standard therapies, with a safety profile consistent with previous results.
- ILD is an important risk and requires careful recognition and intervention.
Contact us to find out what is the best treatment for YOU
Because we, do not give up on life!
Contact us 24/7 –
Call center +44.2082.426.039